Pages

8.3.11

We Are Stardust

The Oklahoma Science Museum left me feeling small and contemplative of our vast universe.  It's awe inspiring to hear about your existence in reference to billions and trillions and millions of light years, and galaxies, and bits of stardust.  

In the planetarium, we learned that if you look between the stars, where there is only black night sky, and you look at that space through our most advanced telescope, you don't just see black nothingness.  What you see are hundreds of millions of other galaxies out there (source here).  Hundreds of millions.  And these galaxies are billions of light years away.  And our universe is 13.75 billion years old (source here), older than anything I can conceive.

Here I was just one living thing in the vastness of existence, in Oklahoma, making block towers.

Block Towers














0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

I love your comments. Please comment away so that I can come visit your blog and see what you are up to!