Pages

16.8.11

What's to See at an RC Air Show?

Note:  This is my husbands hairy leg, my leg hair is much blonder

Loudspeaker that can be heard continents away

Remote Control Planes


We drove out into the far reaches of Banks, Oregon, past cherry trees, vineyards, and u-pick berry farms.  Finally we arrived at the 30th annual RC (Remote Control) Air Show.  There was an old fashioned loudspeaker (standard military issue style) hanging from a tree.  A sweet old woman passed around stick planes to the kids (it took 5 minutes before I was fishing one out of a tree).  A neat band was playing Johnny Cash remakes and the like under a tarp awning.  We ate really good hot dogs and I drank really bitter coffee (think trucker flavor).  Unbelievable airplane stunts went on in front of us that would make any pilot hurl and any passenger file a lawsuit, if these were actual life size planes.  We watched a flying lawnmower do loop de loops.  There was air combat.  I loved every minute of it.  I think I'll go back next year.  Here's where to find this fantastic (and obscure) outing.

5 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

looks like you had a lot of fun! Great pics.

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

i used to watch it when I was a kid :) did they have the blue angels out there this year?

Katie said...

Great pictures! It looks like a ton of fun! xo

Unknown said...

Erica- no blue angels at the remote control air show, lol. But we will have front row tix to the air show coming up which I think will have them!

Wida said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun :D

Wida
Missing Amsie Blog

Post a Comment

I love your comments. Please comment away so that I can come visit your blog and see what you are up to!