Pages

26.4.12

A Little Painting






I was up late last night doing a little painting.  It was really nice to get creative in two dimensions and with paper, sharpie, and paint rather than forging metal.

I didn't have a plan, it was more of a stream of consciousness kind of art making.  I especially enjoy that style, it is like meditation, so relaxing...

I think she looks a little sad, but I guess we are all a little sad.

I'm especially a little sad around this time of year because it is the anniversary of my mom's death (hi Mom, if you read my blog from wherever you might or might not be).

Maybe she looks wise.

Either way, I really enjoyed the process, the flowing lines, the watercolor washes, and just being lost in painting something.

This song is for you, Mom.


0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

I love your comments. Please comment away so that I can come visit your blog and see what you are up to!