Pages

27.4.11

Bikes, and Breakfast for One




This morning called for some rallying to get me on my bike and out the door to pick up the Touareg (yay, it's fixed!!).  I huffed it up some rolling hills and froze my ears off, but it was a pretty exhilarating way to start the day!
Cars are much faster but bikes make you feel better.
Once home, and Matt out the door to work, I started cooking up some awesome breakfast for one:  Two eggs over medium with dashes of basil and garlic with sourdough toast and lingonberry jam (thanks, Ikea!).  Of course, coffee on the side is a daily must.


I hope the car doesn't break down again anytime soon, but it was a great reminder that I'm a true biker at heart.  I spent a lot of time behind the handlebars as a kid.  My dad would have me and my sister riding with him to the swimming pool to swim, the store for treats, even to a haunted house in the dark (I advise against this for small children, I was scared to death on the way home!).

Well, cheers:  To keeping up good bike habits!



0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

I love your comments. Please comment away so that I can come visit your blog and see what you are up to!