Pages

28.10.11

Gratified Fridays: Time



"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma-which is living with the results of other people's thinking.  Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice.  And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.  They somehow already know what you truly want to become.  Everything else is secondary." ~Steve Jobs


This week, as I look back and think about what I am thankful for, I realize that I am so grateful for my free time (and simultaneously for my sweet husband who makes this all possible).  It wasn't too long ago that I was working, going to school full time, and taking care of a family.


Probably I am not taking it for granted this week for a few reasons, but most likely because I am starting school again in the spring, and my time will be stretched thin again between family, hobbies, house work, and homework.


But THIS week, I was able to do these things because I don't have work or school eating up my days:


~Monday I volunteered for a few house in MyGirl's classroom, making photocopies, and binding some projects the kids made.


~Tuesday I had time to make a halloween costume.


~Wednesday my husband and I went on a lunch date to an amazing thai restaurant and ate our favorite dishes; chicken saute, wontons, and cashew chicken.


~Thursday was volley ball night and even though we didn't win this one, it was great to get out and be active!


~And today, Friday, I am able to take the kids to their school's fall carnival for fun and games.




More generally speaking, I am just so grateful to have time to do what I love with the people I love, without having to squeeze everything into a seemingly impossible schedule.


Happy Friday!











2 thoughts:

Pieni Lintu said...

Great things to be grateful for :)

Jodi@TheScribbleDen said...

Lovely gratefuls x

Post a Comment

I love your comments. Please comment away so that I can come visit your blog and see what you are up to!