Pages

7.2.12

Most Delicious Bean Dip

This is definitely one of those little recipes you find, and think to yourself...oh gosh!  How have I even lived before this??

Maybe it is the springish weather, maybe not...but I am on a fresh & healthy foods kick again.  It feels (and tastes) so good.

I have been on the prowl for good looking recipes and when I saw this one over at Gastronomical Sovereignty I just had to get Kristy's permission to post about it.  Permission WAS necessary because this is her top secret recipe!

Click here to see her post and get the exact directions!

I served it with almond rice crackers to make it even healthier, but it would be good with chips and I'm thinking even as a sandwich spread.

Simple is the magic word here, not too many ingredients:

Garlic
Black Beans (canned)
Onion
Honey
Red Pepper
Cumin
Apple Cider Vinegar
Salt & Pepper
Olive Oil

Kristy adds hot stuff like red chile and chile powder, but I made my version sans *kick*, because my taste buds are not so tough.  But I imagine that with the sweetness of the honey, a little spice would add another awesome element.

The Makings

The Most Delicious Bean Dip 


 "One cannot think well, love well, sleep well,
if one has not dined well."
~ Virginia Woolf, "A Room of One's Own"

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

I love your comments. Please comment away so that I can come visit your blog and see what you are up to!