Pages

4.10.11

Never Ending Entertainment








































We discovered our local library this summer.  I have officially decided that I no longer have enough excuses to return books late and that means I can no longer avoid the library.  I used to be so busy with college classes, work, and everything else that the books would get lost or just forgotten about, so I stopped taking the kids to the library.

Now we are rediscovering our love of the place, leaving with what seems like a hundred books at a time!  I've even taken to borrowing some myself.  The library is simply an unending source of entertainment, and I love it that the kids are picking up books at home in every spare moment.

MyGirl decided to learn about Egyptians and oddly borrowed a book on the stock market.  MyBoy borrows stacks of novels and even a book on alien societies.  You never know what you'll find on those shelves...

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

4 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

I also love libraries. As a writer, I really hope that books never die out. Every time I see a kid with an actual book in their hands it makes me smile.

Open House LLC said...

Happy reading!

Dana Fox said...

i used to love going to the library as a child! it's such a great activity, rather than sitting at home playing video games or something!!
xo dana
thewonderforest.com

Samantha K said...

love the quote. I love the library too. My daughter is only 2 but when we get close to it she yells "library book!" over and over.

Post a Comment

I love your comments. Please comment away so that I can come visit your blog and see what you are up to!