Pages

19.3.12

Skate Your Heart Out Party & Hippo Cupcakes: Win, Win

Do you remember skating, the wind in your hair, that straight away, that turn coming up, and the exhilaration of speeding around that rink?  There is something to be said for muscle memory, because the kids weren't the only ones skating...I really skated my heart out!  

I remember my Dad taking me skating when I was too small for skates.  I skated around our local Skate World in my socks.  But in no time I was out there on that big expanse of white rink, dodging the fallen skaters and playing tag.

I guess that must be why I taught my kids to skate so young, though on roller blades.  And it shows!  MyGirl was queen of the rink and the best skater of her bunch, even on those clunky rental skates!  *so proud*


This year, MyGirl decided on hippo cupcakes.  We had a ton of fun decorating these little guys:

Hippo Cupcakes!


Cream Cheese Frosting (of course!):


 2 Packages Cream Cheese (16 oz total)
1/2 Cup Butter
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Cups Powdered Sugar
Food Coloring of Choice

Mix cream cheese and butter until fluffy.  Add vanilla.  Gradually mix in powdered sugar.  Add food coloring to your liking.  Easy!

Decorate:

Good N Plenty Candy
Round Sweet Tart Candies
Fine Tipped Black Gel Icing


Frost the cupcake like you normally would.  Then using a butter knife add a generous dollop for the hippo snout.  Smooth the shape out with your knife.  Add Good N Plenties for teeth and ears and Sweet Tarts for eyes.  Use a fine tip black icing for added details like nostril, eyelashes, and eyebrows.

That concludes MyGirl's birthday week...What was your most memorable birthday?

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

I love your comments. Please comment away so that I can come visit your blog and see what you are up to!