Pages

3.6.12

Hike in Forest Park





Gorgeous morning hike through Forest Park's trails this week.  That old growth forest makes me feel so small, in a way that reminds me to appreciate how important each minute is, each breath, each day.

These trees are older than I am.

Everything is so green, it is like seeing in black and white only in green monotones; lime, emerald, and chartreuse.

The path winds me around, up and down, meandering until I am only on the path, no idea exactly where.  I am captured by the warmth of the muggy forest air, and the quiet sounds of birds.



“The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The

 next best time is now.”

~ Chinese Proverb


0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

I love your comments. Please comment away so that I can come visit your blog and see what you are up to!