Pages

9.6.12

A Sort of Synopsis of Me



Identity is a fluid thing, for me it has been defined by moments, phases, the passage of time.  I may not always know exactly who I am, but there has always been some force inside of me, strong and reliable there to keep me grounded.

I am fiercely defiant, stubbornly inspired by the biggest challenges.  I have met a lot of challenges, just like we all do.  I have built and rebuilt my life again and again, determined to find that sweet spot where I'll know everything is good.  I think I'm pretty close right now.

I have a million hobbies.  Creating something is the only thing that finds me truly satisfied.  Sometimes I am a metalsmith, sometimes a painter, sometimes a chef, sometimes a gardener, sometimes a musician.  I love art.

I had my son at 19, my daughter at 21.  Being responsible for those two precious lives is the most important thing in my life, and the scariest.  I would do absolutely anything for them both.  While raising them, I think I forgot to grow up, or maybe I grew up with them.

"I'm a little bit of everything...All rolled into one"

I am insanely loyal.  If I say I am going to do something, I do it.  If you tell me a secret, it's kept.  If you need something at the darkest hour, I would be there.

I'm an extremist. One minute I want to be a hermit, and the next a social butterfly.  I drink strong black coffee.  When I set my mind on something I work my ass off until I get it.  I can be the sweetest girl you'll ever meet, and on another day the most intimidating.  You want me on your good side.


"I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I'm a child, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint"

I'm impulsive.  Years ago, I got my second tattoo while my car was in the shop for a few hours.  I walked across the street and came out with  a 12 inch tattoo on my forearm.  I still love it.

I can't sit still.  I have to be doing something.  All of the time. I have lived in four states, two countries, and traveled a lot.  I love a change of scenery.

I try to remember that I am imperfectly perfect.  My husband loves me just the way I am, and I long to find the same generosity of heart, and love myself the same way.  I work on that every day.

Meredith Brooks knows just how to put it.



Who are you?

Linking up with Edenland and her meme Fresh Horses Brigade.








Edenland's Fresh Horses Brigade

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

I love your comments. Please comment away so that I can come visit your blog and see what you are up to!