Pages

6.7.12

Easy Healthy Summer Snacking!

Summer time is always a snackier time of year, with kids home from school and more hunger inspiring adventures happening, so  I try to keep the fridge and pantry full of healthy snack options.  These are two of my most recent favorites.




>>>Breakfast Smoothie:
(makes 3 servings)

1 Banana
2 Cups frozen mixed berries (cherrie, pomegranate, acai, blueberry, raspberry)
1 1/2 Cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt
1 1/2 Cup Soy Milk

Blend it all up in a blender and drink through a straw, because that is more fun.  I have been on a smoothie kick for about a week, and every morning I have made this blended breakfast treat for myself and the kids.  It has been a great start to a summer day!





>>>Peanut Butter Molasses Wraps:


Flour Tortilla
Natural Peanut Butter (my favorite is Adams)
Molasses (the sweeter kind, like Brer Rabbit's blackstrap)

Spread a healthy amount of peanut butter on the tortilla and drizzle molasses over the top.  Roll the whole thing up, cut in bite size pieces, and devour!  This has been a favorite kid snack for us for years.



0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

I love your comments. Please comment away so that I can come visit your blog and see what you are up to!